Piping and Masking are two techniques that allow you to leverage respondents’ previously selected answers later in the survey.
Piping is used to import selected answer/answers to the question text of a later question.
Masking is used to import selected answer/answers to the answer list of a later question.
Together, these features offer more options to customize the survey experience for respondents, as well as improve the survey experience making it easier to answer follow-up questions based on previously made selections in the survey.
● For eligible questions, users can start by selecting “ADD PIPE/MASK”
● Next, select the page and question you would like to start from and the action type
● PRO TIP: Use the Tool Tips identified by the “[?]” as a helpful reminder of each action
● Click “Add” and watch as your question updates
● Save your question and as a best practice preview your survey to ensure it is correct
Need more instruction? Navigate back to the main page for more.
Don’t have time to become a survey pro? Enlist ours.